Traffic Control Person
CUC is currently seeking a Traffic Control Person who will be based in the Victoria, BC region. This is a Full-Time position, Monday to Friday working between 40- 50 hours per week.
Canadian Utility Construction (CUC), a Quanta Services company, provides quality underground construction services to utility companies throughout Western Canada. We specialize in a full range of construction and maintenance services for the Natural Gas Distribution and Transmission industry. Working with us means a rewarding job in a diverse workplace where you are encouraged to grow through training and hands-on experience.
PERKS WE OFFER:
- Pay Rate: $19.29/ Hour PLUS holiday pay for experienced workers
- $0.54 km mileage paid from site to site
- RRSP Matching Program
- $500 PPE per year
- Paid Coveralls
- $250 Referral Bonus Program
- Same day interview
- Social Committee Events
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Setting-up traffic control zones
- Controlling traffic
- Adjusting work zone equipment
- Responding to emergency situations and hazards
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Valid TCP certificate from BCCSA
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Ability to set up lanes that flow and provide safety to customers and team members.
- Effective verbal communication skills and the ability to work under pressure while remaining professional.
- A strong belief in Live Safe.
- Construction experience is an asset.
We live CUC’s core values, those values are more than just words to us. If you Live Safe, are a team player and like to work with people, we are the Company for you. If you are a natural problem solver and you love seeing the results of your work, we highly encourage you to apply. Together, through grit and drive, we will work to make CUC World Class in every way.
Canadian Utility Construction hires on the basis of merit and is committed to diversity and employment equity within the community.